If you receive a free copy of The Sun through your letterbox today just take a few moments to think:
- Remember this is the same group as the News of the World that everybody has conveniently forgotten to be disgusted at regarding phone hacking because they rebranded as The Sun on Sunday.
- No doubt they will be putting some wonderfully positive, ‘let’s all support England together’ message across. They do not care for England. The Sun cares for profit and power. If they will gain profit and power they would have no scruples about tearing this country down.
- Think intelligently about the advertisements that are being pushed in your face through your letterbox today. What lies are they telling you?
- How do you feel about EVERY child in the UK being exposed to the content of what is in The Sun today?
- Just like every religion and political movement has an ideology The Sun also has an ideology. How would you feel if the Royal Mail delivered a Christian tract or a copy of the Koran through every door in the UK?
- Why have they chosen to take out the pornography on page 3 today but feel it is acceptable to sell it in newsagents and shops every other day of the year?
So what can you do with The Sun? You could save it as an emergency stash of toilet paper. Or here are four easy steps to removing it quickly from your property:
- Roll it up tightly
- Hold it together with sellotape
- Write this address on it: FREEPOST, The Sun, London E98 1AX
- Pop it back in the post box for The Royal Mail
You can also take to social media – hashtags #sendbackthesun #nomorepage3 #keepitup are helpful. The sad thing is this strategy from The Sun will benefit them, we are a species that struggle to discerne good from crap. However, the more people in this country who think intelligently about what this means and don’t allow the toxic messages to get through to them the better. Have a think about doing your bit and spread the word that we don’t have to have this garbage come into our homes.
If anybody else has any grand ideas of how to respond I’d love to hear them.