Intelligent comment from Giles Fraser in The Guardian on American Christianity. In conclusion – American doesn’t believe in Jesus Christ, it believes in America. Worth a read.
I particularly like this quote, “On the whole, I defer to people’s self-description when it comes to religious belief. If people say they are Christian then that’s good enough for me – unless we are talking about school places or running for office. Then it’s worth a little more scepticism.”
A couple of questions to Americans who love Jesus: Does this resonate? Is the commentary fair?
Some statistics (accurate up to 16th Nov 2010)
- Number of Israeli children killed by Palestinians since September 2000 – 124
- Number of Palestinian children killed by Israelis since September 2000 – 1,452
- Current number of Israelis held prisoner by Palestine – 1
- Current number of Palestinians held prisoner by Israel – 7,383
- Number of Israeli homes demolished by Palestinians since 1967 – 0
- Number of Palestinian homes demolished by Israel since 1967 – 24,145
- Amount of military financial aid to Israel from America each day in 2009 – $7,000,000
- Amount of military financial aid to Palestine from America in 2009 – $0
- Number of Israeli settlements built on Palestinian land – 239
- Number of Palestinian settlements built on Israeli land – 0
Source – www.ifamericansknew.org
It’s not in the news as much as it sometimes is. Please don’t forget the Palestinian people who live in daily fear and suffering.